Sunday, October 05, 2008
cute, but dangerous
"We had a bad day today." I love how Miss Trish always refers to Ava as we... like she played some part in Ava's decision to be a stinker. Although, the truth is that Miss Trish probably did have a bad day too because she had to deal with Ava and her shinanigans all day. Last week she threw a book at Colby's head. She also refused to keep her shoes on after Trish repeatedly asked her to leave them on. After the third time she was told to keep them on, Ava responded to Trish by saying "What? Are you going to tell my mother?" And to top the day off, when Miss Trish asked her why she was being so naughty she responded with "because I am cranky today!" I wish you could hear these statements in her high pitched minnie mouse voice as it is even more appalling. Where has my sweet baby gone? A couple of weeks ago, she said to me as serious as ever "mommy, we don't say crap." As I giggled inside, I very seriously and calmly responded "that's right, we don't" and left it at that. I wish I could remember all of the things she says. One minute she sounds like an innocent baby and the next like a thirteen year old. Today she leaned over the toilet with her hands on the seat and said, "I want to go potty like this mommy."
I told her "we don't potty like that."
"Colby does," she responded.
"Well, Colby is a boy."
"I want to be a boy. Why can't I peepee like that?"
hmmmmmm... I settled with "because you are a girl" and breathed a sigh of relief when that seemed to be enough of an answer for her.
She is not even 2 1/2 yet. I am in so much trouble.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment