Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!



Ava and Emme... two peas in a pod. It is so much fun watching them together. After a very fun night of trick-or-treating, a few skittles and suckers later, these two were running around the house like crazy people. They were wrestling and giggling like it was the most fun night of their entire lives. Some of my favorite quotes of the night (of course from Emmerie)...

Walking up to a house we could see the couple in the window and Emme exclaims in excitment realizing they are not in costume "normal people live here!"

Tierny is explaining to Emme that it is time to take her princess dress off if they are going to be running around and eating candy. While Tierny is pulling the dress off over her head Emme says (in the most pathetic voice you have EVER heard) "Mommy, this makes me SO sad."

Matt is holding Emmerie and telling her it is time to go home and go to bed and she very seriously responds "Okay daddy, but FIRST we can play chase and THEN we can go to bed."

Oh to be a kid again. :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE Ava's costume... resourceful, adorable... just perfect!

Furthermore, I can't help but comment on this post. You see, while Emmerie and I have never met, I feel a very strong connection with her since in the last week alone, the following scenarios seriously occurred in my own little world-- and yes, the subsequent statements definitely came out of my mouth:

1) Following a week of interaction with a new colleague, I went home reporting to my husband, "Thank goodness she's normal!"

2) After my wedding dress hung in the middle of our apartment for a full 14 months beyond the wedding, I put it on for one last time over the weekend before taking it to the dry cleaner... with the veil and the shoes and a pathetic pout on my face, I said, "Honey, this is SOOO sad."

3) The other night when Joshua said it was time to go to bed, I responded with, "Okay, but FIRST we have to cuddle, and THEN we'll go to sleep."

Hmmm... do you think this all means something??? Just the kid in me, or perhaps a kid that needs to grow up?! Ah-hem. :)

Marcia, so good to talk to you last night, even for a few minutes. I'll let you know about December soon!

Love you,
Jaclyn

Marcia Melton said...

Actually - I can very much imagine you and Emmerie having a spectacular time together! hilarious! I hope the kid in you never grows up - she's one of my very favorite parts of you! LEt me know about December - mom has already volunteered to babysit when we need her. :) Love you too!