Monday, April 20, 2009

recent comments and conversations...

"no problymo" (while handing daddy a the tool he has asked for)

"we love your pudgy toes mommy" (while giggling with daddy at the top of the stairs as they discuss my slightly swollen feet)

"I am talent mommy" (as daddy and I are fixing the metal baby gate that our cats managed to knock completely off the bottom of our stairs) "while you two fix it, I will decorate the gate"

"with what?" I ask...

"frosting!" she responds.


"I am not talking to you no more!" This one is usually stated loudly with arms acrossed her chest and as she walks out of room or turns her head away from me while she glances at me sideways to make sure I am looking and sufficiently crushed that she will no longer be talking to me. I usually respond with "that is probably a good idea." She returns in less than two minutes, smiles coyly and says "I love you mommy."



"I won't be your friend no more!"

"Who are you talking to Ava?"

"The four girls sitting right there" she says as she points to the ledge in front of the fire place.

"What four girls?"

"Those four girls!" she responds exasperatedly. "maneesha, beesha, monie, and teeta" (I am guessing on the spelling here) she responds matter of factly.


Between her growing vocabulary and her imagination, I spend the majority of my time with her asking questions just to see what kind of craziness she might come up with. As she stood in the middle of my closet last night twirling in her monkey pajamas and my high heels she stated loudly "ladies and gentlemen" and proceeded to do what looked like some sort of interpretive dance with her hands and knees and singing about a 'miracle'... Greg and I just laid in bed watching her and laughing. I am certain no one but us would find her quite as adorable or entertaining, but she truly makes me smile. Her little brain is taking on more and more every day and presenting more of a challenge to her pregnant mother's patience, but I wish I could take these silly, fun moments and put them in a box to go back and experience again and again. I am certain she will be grateful that no such box exists. :)

No comments: