Monday, June 16, 2008

Oh happy day!!

After one week and a few accidents, we are officially potty trained. I was motivated by my friend Lara who told me that both of her girls were potty trained the first week after they turned 2 years old. When she said it I thought 'no way!' Ava is entirely too stubborn to let that happen in one week. Then I got a phone call from my mom last Monday morning that she had seen something on The Today Show that she thought might be able to help me. Booty Camp is what it is called and if you are interested just copy and paste the following link.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25057503/

She charges $250 a day and promises to potty train your child in 5 hours.

I am absolutely shocked how easily this worked, but it did. Minus a pull-up when she sleeps... we are a diaper free home! YEE-HAA!

We are also a crib free home. Well, technically it is in pieces in the guest room, but Ava is officially in her big girl bed. She watched us take it apart and put together her new bed, hopped right in, and slept in it that night. I am amazed at how easily she is taking these transitions. Daddy, however, is having a little harder time I think. The rocking chair had to be taken out in order to fit her new bed and we replaced it with her little table and stools. Daddy was a little traumatized about not being able to rock her to sleep. Needless to say, he is in the market for a new baby to rock. No, don't get any big ideas. Everyone assumes because we moved her to the big girl bed that I am pregnant. Trust me, we'll let everyone know when there is something to know. ;)

1 comment:

Lara said...

Congratulations to both of you!!! Sorry that I have been behind on your blogs, so I am just now reading about the potty training. Doesn't it feel so good? I am sure that It is nice to have a break from diapers for a bit before #2 comes along...not that I ever experienced that feeling. :) I miss you, I'd love to talk soon. I love you, Marcia.