What is this a picture of you may ask? Well, it is the newly decorated inside of our dryer - compliments of Ava Grace and Crayola - it was a collaborative effort. 2 weeks worth of baby clothes have been destroyed. My husband, sweet man that he is, wiped the sweat from his brow Friday night as he carried a handful of crayons into the living room and announced, "Good thing I caught these in the bottom of the washer. Can't imagine what a mess it would have been if they had made it into the dryer!" Fast forward to an hour later when I hear words I don't feel comfortable typing out loud coming from the hallway. As I make my way down the hallway I have visions of her clothing with few blue and red spots on them - nothing a little stain stick can't get out I think to myself. I round the corner to see my husband leaning his forehead on his arm as his body sags against the wall. He is nearly in tears as I begin giggling to myself. This is what it's all about... all of these silly things that some day we will tell stories about. Remember the time... and we will wish she was 18 months again and waddling around sticking crayons in her pockets. So, the clothes are in a trash bag (minus a few I'm going to try and salvage) and we can't get to the store to buy the recommended substance for removing crayon from our dryer because our neighborhood hasn't been plowed yet and we have about 7 inches of snow. By the way, yes, there is a 'recommended substance' because suprisingly enough, we aren't the first people this has happened to.

3 comments:
OH MAN!!! What a mess...you're right though...these are the things you'll laugh and reminisce about someday.
I know, crazy huh? The fun of parenting! Tonight we dismantled the dryer to get the crayon wax off the edge of the paddles inside the dryer. Greg's comment was "it's a good thing she's cute!"
awww, I LOVE it! She's such a cutie. Give Grego a big hug for us; he's daddy of the year! ;) Tell him the floor looks great too!
We'll be in Indy over New Years! Maybe we can hook up?? Don't go to the bank that day. Stay far, far away. haha
Post a Comment