Here is my latest challenge... my daughter decided to pick up what I would describe as a big, disgusting bug. When I realized what she had in her hand I screamed, shook it out of her hand, and ran the opposite direction. She looked at me like I was absolutely crazy. Luckily, my friend Tierny and her daughter Emme were around to calm me and give Ava a science lesson. So, what do I do? Emme is clearly not afraid of bugs which I would say is mostly because her mother isn't afraid and picks them up and shows them to her before freeing them. I, on the other hand, have a panic attack when I see one across the room: my heart pounds and I start sweating and have a difficult time breathing. In my head I know this is a ridiculous reaction, but my body tells me to run, run, run! Oh there are so many stories I could tell you (and I'm sure my family and friends would love to share)! Clearly, my daughter doesn't have the same phobia and had I given her another minute with this creature I'm sure she would have stuck him in her mouth to see what he tasted like. She must get that from her dad!
How much do I love these pictures? Tierny will absolutely kill me if she finds out I put this on my blog, so don't spill the beans, but mostly I just have to share that this woman is pregnant and still manages have more agility and grace than me! Anyways, this was us playing in the backyard with the girls. It started out as an experiment in taking action shots, but it became so much fun and the girls were having such a ball that we took a ton of pictures. I'm going to blog a few more of my favorites...

2 comments:
I love those crazy pictures--and that shot of the bug is hilarious. He looks like he's smiling right at the lens!
I'm so jealous you have the summer off...
I'm also green with envy of everyone who gets to spend time hanging out with you and miss Ava.
love you.
megs
Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you and Luke watching Oprah together... so jealous! Love you and miss you always!
Post a Comment