Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Her Father's Daughter
Ava and I played in the yard tonight. We'll, maybe 'played' is not the word. The first picture is one of very few I got of her actually looking at me. She inspects everything with a seriousness that is paralleled only by her daddy. I'm imagining taking her outside and getting some great pictures of her crawling around in the grass and enjoying the sunshine... she cracked a smile only once. Other than that, is was an hour of contemplative touching of every leaf and piece of grass in the yard. Amazingly for Ava, only one rock found it's way into her mouth. After a motherly swipe of my finger through her mouth to remove the foreign object, and the dirt that accompanied it, she resumed her inch by inch tour of the yard. Every object more interesting than the next, my constant calling of her name would not break her concentration.... she is her father's daughter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment